grateful. November 17, 2015 07:00
Hello, Diana here with another layout featuring a couple of AMAZING cuts from the Just Nick Studio! When November rolls around most people become more thoughtful of what they are grateful for, that's why we celebrate Thanksgiving. When given this topic to create with I thought about what I'm grateful for RIGHT now. Number one is living close to family, at one point in our lives we lived 14 hours away from where we live right now. Living close gives a wonderful opportunity to spend time with grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles.
For my layout today I featured a picture I took this year of my dad on his birthday with two of my kiddos. Even though my daughter was only there for 15 minutes we took the time to snap a picture. Can you tell grandpa is pretty proud of his oldest grand daughter, and she thinks he is pretty okay too? And then there is my goofball youngest...PHOTOBOMB! When I think of families I think of quilts. Quilts are intricate and colorful and each one is different. With that thought in mind I used the Zig Zag background:
As you will notice there are a couple of differences.
1. on my layout I turned the background cut vertically.
2. I cut the background out I cut it at 12 x 12 but then cut it down to 8 1/2" x 11.
3. I then measured the spaces of rectangle and cut a strip of paper just larger than the hole, I then lined the back.
4. I then adhered the completed "top" piece it on top of another piece of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock for stability. (just like a quilt--top layer, batting, and backing)
5. I then stitched everything down with a straight stitch.
Thanks for the visit today! REMEMBER to please feel free to share your pages using the JustNick Studio cuts on our Facebook page and tag us on Instagram with @justnickstudio.