Introvert | Majken Pullin September 23, 2019 07:00
Hello, hello crafty friends! Majken here with you today, and I'll let you in on a fun serendipity...it's my birthday! So I thought I'd share a little more about myself - I'm an introvert! I think introverts are highly misunderstood, but I think more people than you think fall into this category.
My layout today is super-colorful and fun - a counterbalance to what's often considered "introverted". Take a look!
I decided to put "introvert" front and center on this layout. I used Type It Alpha to weld together the stacked word. Here's a quick tutorial on welding letters if you are interested in the basics, and below is what my final cut file looked like after I arranged the letters so that each layer had at least one overlapping letter on the next layer.
Here are the basic steps how to create these letters:
- Trace the Type It Font and copy the letters you plan to use to a new file space.
- Size them how large you'd like them.
- Since these are solid letters, select the letters and create an offset so you have an outline.
- Arrange your letters so they overlap a bit, at least one on each layer.
- Optional: Copy/paste the unwelded letters over onto the side or a new file so you can use them for cutting the inside of the letters separately if you wish.
- Weld the letters.
For my layout, I used the Simple Stories "Oh Happy Day" - it's such a burst of color and happiness! I cut the phrase outline I created using black cardstock - it makes all those colors pop! After spritzing some black ink spray on white cardstock and letting it dry, I backed my letters with a floral patterned paper from the collection.
I tucked the photo area to the side of the word and used some embellishments and stickers from the collection.
Here's another example of using this fun alphabet cut file, and here is the Type It Alpha:
Have a great day!